Skip Navigation
public records search online
marriage license app
court records online
baby's background
name change

County Clerk's Office

270 FM 149 W.

Anderson, Texas 77830

Phone: 936-873-4410

Fax: 936-873-3308


Office Hours:

Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm

County Clerk

Vanessa Burzynski     936-873-4408

Chief Deputy

Barbara Kimich           936-873-4410

Deputy Clerks

Mary Johnson        936-873-4405

Mary Ann Hargrave   936-873-4409 

Debbie Henderson     936-873-4411

Court Clerk

Carolyn Neuman        936-873-4407

Assistant Court Clerk

Amy Coronado           936-873-4438

Vanessa Burzynski

Grimes County Clerk


The Texas Legislature recently amended the Property Code to provide a streamlined procedure for addressing discriminatory provisions in real property records. Although state law already declared restrictions and provisions in real property records that prohibit the use, sale or transfer of real property to a person based on race, color, religion, or national origin to be void and unenforceable, Senate Bill 30, which took effect on September 1, 2021, establishes a process for a property owner, or another person that the owner authorizes, to request a judicial review of specific property records to determine whether they contain prohibited discriminatory provisions. The bill sets out the contents of the documents required to be submitted to the court as well as a suggested format for the court’s findings and order. Under certain circumstances, the court may issue its determination without conducting a hearing. No filing fees may be charged under the statute. To view the language of the bill and the format for filing with the court as well as the format for the court’s findings and order, use the link: 87(R) SB 30 - Enrolled version ( 

If you have sold your property and/or you are wanting to have a deed changed or put in someone else's name you will have to create a new deed. Our office cannot change or modify documents that have already been filed in this office.  Every new deed will need to filed in this office by a title company or by an individual.  Our office cannot give out legal advise.  If you are not sure what type of deed you are needing please contact an attorney or real estate broker or title company. This office does not provide forms for this purpose.  See video below about Transfer on Death Deeds.

If there has been a death in the family and you want to transfer property in the Estate you will need to contact an attorney to begin the Probate process if there was a will. If there was no will you will still need to have an attorney file a probate case in county court to determine heirship.  

Click this link for more information

If you have purchased property through a delinquent tax sale you will need to contact the District Clerk's office.


Birth Certificates

Certified copies of birth certificates are $23.00 each.

Note: If you are needing a birth certificate to obtain a passport, please contact your county of birth as you will need to submit a "long form" birth certificate, issued by the county of your birth, to the passport office.

Who can purchase a Birth Certificate? - Qualified applicants are defined as the person named on the certificate, i.e., mother, father, brother, sister, spouse, grandparent, legal guardian or legal representative. Applicants must provide valid identification

Note:  Birth records are considered "closed" for 75 years, except to qualified applicants.  Only Certified copies can be issued.  

For those born in Grimes County - birth records from 1903 to present are available. Some earlier births were filed as Delayed Birth Certificates (records filed more than 1 year after birth).

For those born in other Texas Counties - Abstract Birth Certificates (short form) can be accessed by the County Clerks' Office via the state remote birth system.  The remote birth site access begins in 1926.  Anyone needing a birth certificate prior to 1926 must contact the county of birth.  Remote access is not available for those having a Delayed Birth Certificate. A remote birth certificate cannot be used to obtain a passport.

To order birth or death certificates from another state use the Vital Check link in the menu on the left side of the page.



Free Property Fraud Alert Service!

Get notified against potentially fraudulent claims or transactions regarding Real Property. Receive email alerts any time your personal or entity name is used in a Real Property filing within the county. This is a free service provided by Kofile and your County Clerk designed with the goal of reducing fraudulently-recorded documents that could affect your property ownership.



The County Clerk's office cannot give legal advice.  If you need legal advice please speak with an attorney prior to visiting our office. We do not provide legal forms and cannot give instructions on how to fill out legal documents as that would be giving legal advice.   Thank you! Click here for self-help legal advise. 

All new probate and guardianship cases must be e-filed by an attorney. 

Effective June 1, 2018 all guardianships in the state of Texas must be registered with the Judicial Branch Certification Commission (JBCC).  All guardianship applicants will be required to submit certain information to JBCC, which will be registered in the guardianship database.  A hearing on a Guardianship Application cannot be heard until all requirements have been met.  Below are links to the JBCC registration and Identogo for those that are required to submit fingerprints in guardianship of the estate cases that exceed $50,000.

Should you have any questions about this process, please call Carolyn Neuman at 936-873-4407.

Guardianship Registration

All guardianships must now be registered with the state. Click on the link below to get started.

Identogo Fingerprinting Services



Grimes County Show More